“ Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have” – Norman Vincent Peale
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist: Laura PROVENZANO LOMAX, Ms, RDN, LD
Dietetic Internship - University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio Texas
Masters of Science in Nutrition - University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio Texas
Bachelor of Science in Biology - Texas Lutheran University, Seguin Texas
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Fresenius Medical Care (2013- present)- provide nutrition education to dialysis patients on renal nutrition, diabetes, hypertension, weight management, and lipid disorders
- Pediatric Registered Dietitian Children's Hospital of San Antonio - Gastroenterology and Nutrition Clinic (2013- 2010)
- Pediatric Inpatient Registered Dietitian Children's Hospital of San Antonio (2008- 2010)
- Diet Technician (2008) - Christus Santa Rosa
Personal Trainer/Nutrition Counselor Spectrum Athletic Club (2005-2008)- Wellness, Weight Management, and Athletic Performance
- South Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - positions held
- Nominating Co-chair (present- 2013)
- Newsletter Editor (2013-2010)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition Practice Group
- Renal Nutrition Practice Group
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetics Practice Group
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation - member of the San Antonio mission committee and volunteer yearly with nutrition booths at the San Antonio Take Steps Walks (2014-present)
- Pediatric Failure to Thrive (November 2009)
- Nutrition for Cancer Survivors (July 2009)
- Nutrition and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (July 2010)
- Food for Baby's first Year of Life (July 2013)
- Renal Nutrition at the State of Texas Kidney Patient Symposium (Sept 2015).
WHY CHOOSE A REGISTERED DIETITIAN Nutritionist
There are many options out there when looking to achieve your nutrition goals and choosing the right professional is an important decision. Below are several reasons to choose a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
- Obtain at least a bachelor’s degree with coursework approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- After completing coursework an accredited and supervised dietetic internship (with a variety of nutrition related rotations including healthcare, community, food service, etc) is completed
- Complete a national exam from the Commission on Dietetic Regulation
- To maintain registration status annual continuing education coursework is completed.
So when looking for nutrition advice it only makes sense to choose the expert in the field!