Total Meal Prep Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
4- lean beef tacos with 1 whole wheat tortilla + sliced carrots + Apple
4 - turkey tenderloin with roasted broccoli + mandarin oranges + cashews
8 Snacks: Single serve low fat Colby Jack cheese blocks
Breakfast: No sugar added peanut butter date bars with 1/2 cup plain yogurt
Turkey Breast tenderloin
16 oz Lean ground beef
4 heads of broccoli
16 oz bag baby carrots
4 oz Cashews
32 oz plain yogurt
8 low fat Colby Jack cheese single serve blocks
4 whole wheat tortillas
1 cup oats
18 pitted dates
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
All purpose salt free seasoning
optional additions: Salad dressing to dip carrots
4 single serve meal containers, 4 - 8 oz storage containers, 4- 4 oz storage containers, small zipper bags, foil, 1 large cooking sheet, 1 small cooking sheet, and 1 skillet.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line both cooking sheets with foil. If turkey tenderloin is unseasoned (if tenderloin is purchased seasoned skip this step) open from packaging and drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Place on foil lined small cooking sheet then sprinkle with all purpose salt free seasoning and 1/2 tsp. salt. Place in preheated oven to cook for ~ 50-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. While tenderloin cooks complete meal prep as follows.
2. Prepare no sugar added peanut butter date bars. Add pitted dates to a medium bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for 10 minutes to soften. While dates are soaking combine all dry ingredients in a medium to large bowl. After dates have soaked removed from water and chop. Add chopped dates and peanut butter to the dry ingredients and combine well. Place on wax paper and flatten with your hands or a rolling pin then cut into 6 pieces.
3. Pre-portion carrots in 1/2 cup servings and cashews in 1 oz servings (~18 cashews).
4. Place the lean ground beef in the cooking skillet and brown the ground beef. Drain the ground beef and place back in the skillet. Add taco seasoning and combine. Divide into 4 servings and allow to cool.
5. During the last 10 minutes of cook time for the tenderloin. Wash and cut broccoli. Place on large foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. After removing the tenderloin from the oven increase oven temperature to 400 degrees and allow broccoli to roast for 10-15 minutes while tenderloin stands for 10 minutes.
6. While broccoli is cooling slice turkey tenderloin and place in single serve containers. While broccoli is cooling clean dishes, then once broccoli is cool place alongside turkey tenderloin.
7. Enjoy your meal prep all week!