This meal prep is all completed stove top requiring a bit more cookware than usual, but the ability to multitask makes this meal prep a breeze and complete in under an hour. The Amy Organics soups are a great option for a convenient healthy meal. While nutrients vary by soup many of the Amy's Organic soups are lower in sodium than tradition canned soups, are a good source of fiber, and contain minimal ingredients. The soups I choose were Minestrone and Split pea and since they are lower in protein I paired them with a boiled egg.
6 Meals: 4 oz ground turkey + 1/2 cup rice + 1/2 cup carrots + fresh fruit
2 Meals: 1 can Amy's Organic soup + 1 serving Artisan Nut thins with Chia seeds + boiled egg + fruit
Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oats prepared with cinnamon, 3/4-1 cup almond milk, chopped cashews + boiled egg
4 Snacks: 1 ounce Fresh Mozzarella cheese + 1 servings Artisan nut thins with chia seeds
1.5 pounds lean ground turkey (93/7 or 99/1)
24 oz baby carrots (~ 1.5 16 oz baby carrot bags)
1.5 cups Brown rice
3 cups Low sodium chicken broth
2 cups Oats
32 oz carton of unflavored vanilla Almond milk
2- Amy's organic soup (I choose Split pea and Minestrone)
1.5 boxes (4.25 oz boxes) Artisan Nut thins crackers with Chia seeds
8 servings fresh fruit
4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp. Butter
Cashews (4 tbsp.)
Salt and Pepper
Utensils: 2 - 3 Quart pots, 1 - 5.5 Quart cooking pot, Cooking skillet (I used a 6 quart), and strainer.
1. Using the large 5.5 quart cooking pot add in 3 cups chicken broth and 1.5 cups brown rice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 35-45 minutes.
2. Next slice the baby carrots in half and place in one of the 3 quart cooking pots. Add 1 cup of water, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for ~ 20-25 minutes or until slightly soft ( or per your preference).
3. Next add eggs to the other 3 quart cooking pot and fill with water (enough water to at least cover an inch over the eggs) and bring to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil add the ground turkey to the cooking skillet over medium heat and break it apart with a spoon or spatula.
4. Once you notice the egg cooking water is boiling, place the cover on and turn off the heat. Allow the eggs to cook for 10-12 minutes. After the eggs cook for !10-12 minutes, drain off the water and cover with cold water and ice to cool.
5. The ground turkey will take ~15-20 minutes to cook. While the ground turkey continues cooking prepare the oatmeal and portion out the crackers. At this time likely the carrots have completed cooking and can be portioned into the single serve containers to cool.
6. After the ground beef is cooked drain off the excess liquid. At this time the rice is likely also complete. Remove rice from heat and remove the cover to begin cooling. Portion the ground beef and rice with the carrots in the single serve container. Allow to cool and refrigerate until ready for consumption.
* If you do not have multiple cookware to prepare the items at the same time then just prioritize the items based on cook time. If you have two pots prepare the rice and carrots first then clean and use those pots for the eggs and ground beef.