ONE POT CHICKEN AND ZOODLES
Total cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 15 minutes.
1 pound Boneless skinless chicken cutlets, trimmed
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
Salt and Pepper
1 Box Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)
1 Bag Shredded Carrots
1. Sprinkle chicken cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. In a deep skillet add 2 tbsp. olive oil then add garlic. Sauté garlic for ~3 minutes on low to medium heat or until fragrant.
3. Add chicken to skillet and increase heat to medium. Cook chicken on each side for ~ 2 minutes to brown, then add chicken broth and cover to continue cooking.
4. The cutlets will take a total of ~ 10 minutes to cook. After cooking covered for ~2 minutes add the carrots followed by the zucchini noodles.
5. Chicken is done once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
This yummy zoodle recipe was part of a recent cooking demo done for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation Kick off party in Austin. The Veggie Noodle Company based in Austin was so kind to donate all the zoodles for the demo and the Zoodles were truly the star of the show! I love this recipe for so many reasons! To start it fits into many IBD modifications being both gluten free and diary free. As a mom of two youngsters minimal mess is a must and one pot to me is the definition of minimal mess! Also the recipe is very versatile. Feel free to swap out veggies, protein source (great with shrimp, tofu, etc), and even seasonings per your families preference or tolerance. ENJOY!
* To see the demo check out the Take Steps Central Facebook page*