A great strategy to save time in the kitchen is to double recipes or build off dishes from meals prepped. This a strategy we use in our house when we aren't able to meal prep on weekends. With a little planning ahead and cooking extra portions of meat and rice those core items can be used to expand and build meals for the rest of the week.
4 meals: Cilantro Rice + black beans + tuna + 1/2 cup blueberries
4 meals: Lean ground beef + sugar snap peas + 1/2 avocado + orange
4 Snacks: 1/2 cup Grapes + protein shake
4 Breakfasts: Banana + 1 cup yogurt + 2 tbsp cashews
1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
4 tuna pouches
1 can low sodium black beans
1 Bag frozen sugar snap peas
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
4 cloves of garlic
2 cups Grapes
1 pint of blueberries
4 scoops protein powder
32 ounce Plain Yogurt
1. Begin by starting the rice.Cilantro rice. Add 1 cup rice to 2 cups of water bring to a boil, reduce heat to low cover and cook for 35-45 minutes.
2. Next add the turkey to a skillet and brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool
3. While rice continues to cook rinse the cilantro and chop. Chop the garlic and set aside. Using a strainer drain and rinse the black beans.
4. Cook snow peas in steamer bags in the microwave. While they are heating wash fruit and portion in single serve containers. Remove snow peas from microwave and place in a bowl. Toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper.
5. Once rice is cooked remove from heat and allow to cool off for a few minutes. Add chopped garlic, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 cup cilantro, and 2 tbsp. olive oil.
6. Fill meals in single serve containers and enjoy your week!
* For best results add tuna when you are ready to eat your meal.